Ask an Advisor Online
If you have a quick question, don't ask around; Ask An Advisor!
The Ask An Advisor! feature allows you to get your quick questions answered through email by an academic advisor in the University College Advising Center.
Assure you've read through the information below before sending your questions.
When to Use Ask an Advisor!
You should use Ask an Advisor!:
- to clarify a Texas State academic policy and/or procedure
- to locate information about campus resources
- for general questions about the Texas State General Education/Core Curriculum requirements
- if you have any academic questions, comments, or concerns
You should not use Ask an Advisor!:
- to get an academic advising appointment and/or academic hold released
- to get assistance with course selection
- to schedule an academic advising appointment
- to discuss your academic performance/progress
Ask An Advisor! Policies and Procedures
- In order to receive a timely response using the Ask An Advisor! feature, you must:
- Include your first name, last name, Texas State ID number, and a reliable email address. We will use the email address provided by you. We strongly recommend you provide your Texas State email address (if possible).
- Be specific and detailed with your question(s) and/or request(s).
- If you have multiple questions, try to ask them in one request.
- You will receive an email response to your question from an academic advisor in the University College Advising Center.
- Response Emails will only be sent Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- During non-peak times, responses can take up to one business day.
- During peak times, (registration periods), responses can take up to three business days.