Ask an Advisor! Policies and Procedures
- In order to receive a timely response using the Ask An Advisor! feature, you must:
- Include your first name, last name, Texas State ID number, and a reliable email address. We will use the email address provided by you. We strongly recommend you provide your Texas State email address (if possible).
- Be specific and detailed with your question(s) and/or request(s).
- If you have multiple questions, try to ask them in one request.
- If your major has another Advising Center and you are asking about degree requirements or registration, you will not be responded to. Please contact your major's advising center.
- Depending on the nature and/or complexity or your question and/or situation, you may be recommended to schedule an appointment or speak to an on-call advisor. Email is not always a great option for advising issues.
- Response Emails will only be sent Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- During non-peak times, responses can take up to two business days.
- During peak times, (registration periods), responses can take up to three business days.
If you would rather schedule an appointment with an academic advisor in University College, click here.
(* - indicates a required field)