Frequently Asked Questions
Project Maestros is a grant-funded program that seeks to support pre-service teacher development. Project Maestros aims to help the transition for pre-service teachers transferring from community colleges to Texas State and to provide tools to develop well-rounded educators through professional development and academic advising.
Project Maestros serves students seeking teacher certification who are 1) planning to transfer to Texas State or 2) are currently enrolled at Texas State.
Use our online booking tool.
Appointments can be held on the Texas State campus, during Austin Community College (ACC) office hours, or online.
- Goals: Think about your academic, career, and personal goals. What major do you want to pursue at Texas State? How will this major prepare you for your career?
- Questions: Come up with a list of questions. For example: When is the best time to transfer? What on-campus resources does Texas State offer?
- Documentation: Bring any documentation that may be important to transferring to Texas State. This could be a copy of your unofficial transcript.
- Be professional: Be on time. If your appointment is online treat it as if it were in person. Dress appropriately and be in a distraction-free environment.
- Follow up: If you think of additional questions after your appointment, you can followup with email@example.com.